Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting on...HOUSE RULES and BITING BAD by Chloe Neill

Hot damn, I love this series. Merit and Ethan and all the Chicagoland vamps rock; there's plenty of drama and action as well as some hot romance; and lots of mystery. Most excellent. And with two books coming out this year, I'm doubly excited.

The covers of this series are consistently fabulous. As a native of Chicagoland (though I've transplanted to the South, due to all the crappy, cold weather up there), I love reading books set in Chicago. Merit's on guard outside her House, which looks dark and foreboding. The splash of red really pops.  
Urban Fantasy
368 pages, paperback
Expected publication: February 5, 2013
Publisher: NAL Penguin

In a city full of vampires, trouble never sleeps.

At the tender age of 27, Merit became a sword-wielding vampire. Since then, she’s become the protector of her House, watched Chicago nearly burn to the ground, and seen her Master fall and rise. Now she’ll see her mettle—and her metal —tested like never before.

It started with two . . . Two rogues vanishing without a trace. Someone is targeting Chicago’s vampires, and anyone could be next. With their house in peril, Merit and her Master, the centuries old Ethan Sullivan, must race to stop the disappearances. But as they untangle a web of secret alliances and ancient evils, they realize their foe is more familiar, and more powerful, than they could have ever imagined.

Vibrant and every-changing, the city is a character itself so seeing the skyline splayed out on this cover brings a smile to my face. With Merit crouched on the concrete like a protective gargoyle (though she's much prettier...), we know the city's safe...for the moment.
Urban Fantasy
368 pages, paperback
Expected publication: August 6, 2013
Publisher: NAL Penguin

Welcome back to Chicago: Famous for sports, pizza, and vampires. At the tender age of twenty-eight, Merit became a sword-wielding vampire. Since then, she’s become the protector of her House, watched Chicago nearly burn to the ground, seen her Master fall and rise, and saved her best friend from self destruction. But this might be her toughest fight yet...

Waiting on is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

15 comments:

  1. Wow-these books are coming out close together! You finish the one in February and only have to wait six months for the next-I like that turnaround.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent read any urban in a while these look awesome! after reading this post i really want to go get a copy of each. Big fan of the covers!

    http://melissa-justoneopinion.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fantastic series. You don't *have* to start at the beginning but I highly suggest it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm imagining you pounding on the table a la Meg Ryan...

      Delete
  4. LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH MARY!!! I adored House Rules and cannot wait for Biting Bad. Merit and Ethan are just awesome. Even when they're frustrating:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! A frustratingly awesome couple.

      Delete
  5. Crap. You've reminded me that I still have one more book to read to be caught up with this series, Mary. I should do that. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, soon! 'Cause these next two are comin' out boom-boom!

      Delete
  6. I remember seeing the FIRST Chicagoland Vampire book in my library. I was so excited I grabbed it and ran to check it out. I loved the book. Sadly I have not read any since book 1! Now I see book 8 is out soon.
    I think I need to to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on, girl! You've got to catch up with Merit and the hottie Ethan!

      Delete
  7. Yes! I'm super excited about this too. I asked for a digital arc a million years ago, but they always send invites at the last minute. Grr! I can BUY it at the last minute. Ah, well, not too long now.

    ReplyDelete