Thursday, January 3, 2013

Speed Date with Stefan: ONCE A PRINCESS by Johanna Lindsey

ONCE A PRINCESS (Cardinia's Royal Family #1) by Johanna Lindsey
Historical Romance
432 pages, paperback
Available now (June 1991)
Publisher: Avon
Review copy purchased

Once Upon A Time...In a rustic Mississippi tavern, a beautiful exiled princess was forced to dance for the pleasure of others—unaware of her regal birthright...and infuriated by a magnificent golden-eyed devil who crossed an ocean to possess her.From A Far Off Land...


A bold and brazen prince came to America to claim his promised bride. But the spirited vixen spurned his affections while inflaming his royal blood with passion's fire...impelling virile Stefan Barany to take in sensuous and searing conquest the love Tatiana vowed never to yield.


Classic Johanna Lindsey. A brash virginal young miss. An intractable and very rich alpha male. Clash, clash, clash...lurve. It's cheesy fabulous romance at its best.

I don't know if I could read a whole lot of these in a row like I used to (Ah, high school. Good times.) but picking up a Lindsey every once in a while brings leads to a great comfort read.




14 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    I was never a huge fan of Johanna Lindsey, but I'd turn to Lisa Kleypas if I ever need a comfort read in a similar way. =) As you've said, I probably won't read a whole bunch in a row, but just one would do the trick these days, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one really satisfies that craving, like a fabulous piece of cake. We'd get sick if we ate the whole thing!

      Delete
  2. You know I think read this one back in the day. She was just brilliant at the bodice rippers. I used to devour those things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I actually remembered this story a lot better than I thought, too. JL is the bodice ripper queen.

      Delete
  3. "Clash, clash, clash...lurve. It's cheesy fabulous romance at its best."

    Love it:) I love me some cheesy fabulous romance, so bring this book on Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheesy, fabulous romance, FTW. Always. :)

      Delete
  4. Ha! These are exactly the types of books I LIVED on very (very,very) long ago in high school. I still like to read one, but only once in a while for old times. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this was definitely an old times sake read for me! Ah, memories!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any classic romances like this. I think I'd prefer regency romance. I should give the genre a try some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! I think this one was $1.99 on Kindle so I couldn't resist adding it to my collection.

      Delete
  6. I haven't really read any romance like this I don't think. It does look like one my mom would have had though so maybe I just don't remember. I read her books secretly pretty much since I started reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend and I discovered JL back in high school -- I think we stole this book from her mom's collection!

      Delete
  7. I don't think I've ever read Johana Lindsay, but I get what you mean, sometimes it's just fun to pick up the kind of books you liked in your younger more vulnerable years :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're at all interested in romance, you definitely need to check her out!

      Delete