Thursday, October 4, 2012

Speed date with the Marlboro Man: THE PIONEER WOMAN by Ree Drummond

Thursday is Speed Date Night--join on in, won't you? It's just 150 words or so and there's a linky at the bottom so we can all come visit and say hey.


THE PIONEER WOMAN: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond
Romantic Memoir
341 pages, hardcover
Available now (February 2011)
Publisher: William Morrow

That's when I saw him--the cowboy--across the smoky room.


I'll never forget that night. It was like a romance novel, an old Broadway musical, and a John Wayne Western rolled into one. Out for a quick drink with friends, I wasn't looking to meet anyone, let alone a tall, rugged cowboy who lived on a cattle ranch miles away from my cultured, corporate hometown. But before I knew it, I'd been struck with a lighting bolt...and I was completely powerless to stop it.


This isn't just my love story; it's a universal tale of passion, romance, and all-encompassing love that sweeps us off our feet.


It's the story of a cowboy. And Wranglers. And chaps. And the girl who fell in love with them.


A quick read but a cute one. Ree Drummond has made a name for herself as "The Pioneer Woman" and her salt-of-the-earth, down home recipes. But before her move to the Wild West, Ree was a high-heel-wearing, vegetarian, big city snob. What flipped her lifestyle 180 degrees? Love. And this is the story of that love.

This reads like a squeaky clean romance novel (I couldn't even tell when they first did more than kiss...) but it's all true. And very sweet. Ree falls like a sack of potatoes for her Marlboro Man and doesn't stop thinking about him from that moment on (exhausting what goes on in this woman's head, I tell you!). And her Marlboro Man is just as smitten.

Adorable.

Available on Amazon | IndieBound | Barnes and Noble

6 comments:

  1. I read this a few months ago and thought it was way cute. Have you seen her show on the Food Network?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww this sounds so cute! My husband adores her show on the Food Network, I think he likes to watch it and daydream that his wife cooks delicious meals for him that are ready and waiting when he walks in the door. Poor guy. Instead he got me, and I'm all "what the hell are we doing for dinner because I'm not cooking". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea who this woman was, so I google her.
    Her love story does sound rather sweet!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea who this was but I looked her up. Very interesting! Now I'm curious and want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the review... i hope i can buy one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. im curious about this book... i hope i can find one

    ReplyDelete