Monday, October 22, 2012

Favorite Reading Spot(s)

Do you have a favorite reading spot? Or do you just plop down any old place, as long as there's a book in your hand?

While I can read just about anywhere, I do tend to be a homebody (hi, introvert here *waves*) so it follows that my favorite place is snuggled up in a comfy chair at home. 


Of course, Fiona absconded with my cozy little spot by the fire as soon as I moved. She's no fool. Look at her--she's even daring me to move her. Diva.

Necessities for the perfect reading spot include some place to put up my feet, warmth (note both the fire and the fuzzy blanket--if it was later in the season, there'd be a pair of fingerless mittens nearby), something to drink (Crystal Light Raspberry Ice at the moment), a pile of books to choose from (Libba Bray's THE DIVINERS is my current read), and a sweet pup. 

In fact, I think I'll scootch Fi on over and dive back into Bray's amazing 1920's world. Later, gators!

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha she's so adorable! And I loved the Diviners! That looks like such a warm and cozy spot! I wish I had a fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is curled up in my bed with a big warm comforter! Especially when it isn't a 1000 degrees in tx!

    Oh she is a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a cozy chair by a fireplace! That's it Mary. I'm moving in with you and Fiona. Can I bring Gatsby and Griffin? I think they'll get along with Fiona really well:) We have fireplace but we have to plug it in the winter lest the wind come tearing down it and fill our family room with icicles, so we never have a fire. *runs to pack bags to move in with you*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SUPER jealous of your reading spot. That fire looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love that fireplace! In our Minnesota house we had a gas fireplace which I loved. Here we have a regular wood one. I'm not sure if the previous renters ever cleaned it, so I'd rather not use it lest the house fills up with smoke.

    I like reading in bed, on the couch, at the kitchen table, in the bathroom - basically everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Mary! It looks like you have a very cozy reading spot (which I'm tempted to steal, just like Fiona). Thanks for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fi doesn't look like she wants to move. :)
    LOL
    Thats a really nice spot to read :D and I hope you're loving The Diviners

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! So cute! Your reading spot does look super cozy. It's making me want to grab a book and a blanket and snuggle down with my own pup :)

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so cozy! I see why it's your favorite spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you have a fireplace! I'm so jealous! I love my couch, but we're trying to hook up some better light to read by. Until recently, I was like, "No, I'm fine! I totally squint like that ALL THE TIME!" And then I'd write reviews about The Dinners by Libby Bay. Whatevs, you know?

    I'm thrilled because we're finally getting some fall weather here. THat means curling up with a blanket, a book and my kitty. Bliss! Oh, and some tea or hot chocolate. DOUBLE BLISS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this picture... I just want to sit in that same spot and read!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am jealous of your reading spot! It looks so comfy! We're in the process of converting our three season room from an office to a relaxing area. I've worked out that I will get half of it and squeeze in a new armchair, my bookshelf and a side table. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much if my reading time needs to be spent near my kids but if possible I like to sit in the front living room where there's no Tv (or toys). Its near enough everyone without as many distractions. I also read in bed every night.
    Your spot looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete