Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on...THE RULES by Stacey Kade

Stacey Kade's got a new series--and it sounds pretty damn good! I'm a fan of science fiction and, of course Stacey captured my heart with her Ghost and the Goth series. Too bad it doesn't come out until April of 2013 (and that it's a Disney pub, which means I don't have a chance in hell of getting my hands on this early...oh, well. Pre-order, here I come!).

The cover's pretty cool, too. I like the straightforward font and her unusual eye color (wonder if she has a "super" eye of some sort or if they're just two colors) though I'm not sure what that of hers expression is supposed to be... Still, it definitely has a SciFi vibe to it.


THE RULES (Project Paper Doll #1) by Stacey Kade
YA Science Fiction
Expected Publication: April 23, 2013
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

1. Never trust anyone.
2. Remember they are always searching.
3. Don’t get involved.
4. Keep your head down.
5. Don’t fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans, to hide in plain sight from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…

Waiting On is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

6 comments:

  1. I love that this trilogy (series?) is called Project Paper Doll-I think that's so cool and I can't wait to read this book (after the release date because I won't be able to get an early copy either).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks so good. I will forever be a Stacey Kade fan and can't wait to see what this book is like. The Ghost and the Goth was lighthearted and fun, even though it was about death, but The Rules looks a little more serious. Even though I know Stacey will have me cracking up :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SO WAITING ON THIS TOO MARY! Can't wait. I haven't read Stacey Kade's other series, but I heard good things so I'm excited to give her a try. Plus, I'm mildly obsessed with the name Zane, so that moves this one to the top of my "must have" list:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sOO waiting for this one too! but I still need to read the third Ghost and the Goth book, I kind of don't want the series to end :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad to see something else from Stacey. Although it sounds like the dystopian/genetic modification bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing that cover but I didn't know the author was Stacey Kade. I love the Ghost and Goth series!

    ReplyDelete