Monday, September 3, 2012

Taking a week off...

As you may have heard, my computer is pretty much dead. It's with the Apple Geniuses right now but I'm pretty sure the motherboard is fried. *sigh*

It's been a week, I tell you. In the grocery store parking lot, someone ran into my side mirror and left (at least it's not dangling. Just...broken). My washing machine won't do the final spin--the washing machine repair guy came over, looked at it and said it was a plumbing issue. My kitchen faucet is leaking. My toilet won't flush without me holding the handle down. 

On top of that, I'm still writing curriculum for my journalism classes (flying by the seat of my pants at the moment, actually). I only have about five students who are capable of being editors and a handful able to write halfway decently for both the yearbook and the newspaper (working on training up the rest--no slackers allowed!). 
So...a week off. To hopefully get myself organized, set some deadlines, get my grading set and, well, grading. There will little to no reading being done so no reviewing being done. Oh, and I'll be neglecting all my bloggy friends, too. Love you! But I'll be doing work-y stuff and not having fun visiting and commenting and all that.

*waves it all away* Enough whining. Back to work so I can get back to blogging and all my bloggin' buds! See y'all next week!

9 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Take 2 weeks :) :::crossing my fingers that this week goes smoother for you than last week:::::

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* We will miss you! I hope Geniuses can figure it all out and make your computer better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs*
    I hope things get better! :D I'll miss you but hopefully you'll get back on track :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez. When it rains, it pours, right? I hope you get your mop and bucket our and start cleaning up! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yiiiiikes! Good luck getting everything back together. We'll send you our best vibes and look forward to your return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everyone thing works out Mary! Take off as much time as you need. Some weeks are just crazier then others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is quite the week! Good luck on getting everything sorted! We'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, sounds like you're having some bad luck lately...Hope things start to turn around :)

    ReplyDelete