Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BRB...Monday! If only if it were two weeks in Hawaii...

...instead of two weeks off from blogging to work *coughs up hairball*.

A quick update from my end of the world: I'm still underwater but in a good way (strange, right?). Writing curriculum is interesting and I'm enjoying teaching high school but I wish there were more hours in the day (heh, isn't that the way it always is?) so I could get more than just a week's plan done at a time. Flyin' by the seat of my pants, I am.

My editors and I are starting production on yearbook pages, which is a learn-as-you-go process (both them and me!), but it's fun. The students are so very enthusiastic, though they're finally realizing how much work it's going to be with our teeny, tiny staff.

While my poor computer is well and truly kaput (*sob*), I'm lucky enough to be able to borrow a laptop from my new school. At the moment, it's temporary but I'm trying to convince my boss that I need a teacher-dedicated one instead of one jacked from the kiddies (mean teacher! No cookie!).

Even brighter, my washing machine is all good! Clean clothes, FTW!
Ah, if only!
I'm still not getting much reading done (*sobs again*) but, as I have a boatload of reviews to catch up on and some awesome things scheduled this month, it'll be all good. Still, it's a little hard to get stuff-other-than-school done at the moment so I'm going back into my work cave until Monday. 

I miss you all! I miss reading your posts and commenting and talking books! *hugs* See you soon--y'all rock!

5 comments:

  1. *hugs*
    I've missed your reviews! But totally understand!!
    *hugs*
    hope you get the computer on a more permanent basis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you! But I'm glad things are getting straightened out anyway! We'll be happy when you can come back but we'll survive until then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you'd gone! I thought maybe I'd scared you off.mbut, obviously, you're just like me. DROWNING in the new school year. Things will calm down, eventually. They have to, right? Um...right? Why aren't you saying anything? Mary?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear from you! =) Glad everything is going pretty well, and hope you can get back into the swing of things soon.

    ReplyDelete