Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on...SHADES OF EARTH by Beth Revis

I don't know about you but I've really enjoyed this series. It's smart and different and, even though I'm not a fan of the romance between Amy and Elder (just not feeling the chemistry between them), I'm excited to see how Beth Revis finishes it all up. I have to say, I don't like the new covers. Not compared to the gorgeousness of the first two. I get that they're trying to appeal to guys and girls with this design but it's just not working for me.
SHADES OF EARTH (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis
YA Science Fiction
400 pages, hardcover
Expected publication: January 15, 2013
Publisher: Razorbill

Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience. But this new Earth isn't the paradise that Amy had been hoping for. Amy and Elder must race to uncover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. But as each new discovery brings more danger, Amy and Elder will have to look inward to the very fabric of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been meaningless.

Waiting On is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

10 comments:

  1. I loved the first one and still have to read the second one. And... I get the boy appeal thing - but those covers are ... not pretty... ;(((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...not sure about that cover. But I've been meaning to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. The cover's... well, I'm not a huge fan of the cover.

    I've read the first and the second, and I'm really looking forward to this one :) I think that, out of all the titles, this one is my favorite.

    Misa
    Skyway Avenue Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit Mary! I'm so far behind in this series, I still need to read book 2. There are so many series out there I've fallen behind on, I need like a month of no work so I can just sit down and get caught up. Wouldn't that be nice? *dreamy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the 2nd one, but I def want to.
    Hope you get a chance to read it soon,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of the new covers either (I wish they had waited and just redid all three books in paperback format, too). Regardless, I am so excited to see what happens next! :)

    Fantastic choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover change with this series doesn't bother me because I don't have physical copies of them. I haven't read book two yet, and I think I'll wait until three comes out. That way, there will be no waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I'm not a fan of the new covers either, but nice pick! I've heard so much buzz about this series so I hope the last book is great for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? This is the cover? But it doesn't even match the first two! *pouts*

    *sighs* Ay, Mary. I happy for you that you were able to get into this series, bit it wasn't for me. I really tried to like it, but it bored me to tears. And I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't think Elder and Amy have any chemistry either. But I hope you enjoy this last installment. I'm definitely curious to hear what you think about the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this cover isn't awesome at all!! Across the Univers and A Million Suns had such wonderful covers!
    *sigh*
    The story does sound interesting though! And I'm happy this series worked out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete