Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on...ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND by Gena Showalter

Oh, I'm so very excited for this one! I love Gena Showalter's hotter adult novels and hope that this one lives up to her standard of writing (it is sometimes hard for adult authors to write YA but I have faith in Gena). I really like this cover, too. It has a dark fairy tale feel to it, with Alice's fluffy blue dress and blonde hair. With the boarder, it almost looks like a stylized picture frame and, of course, you've got to have a nod to the Queen of Hearts in there..."Off with their heads" indeed!
YA Horror/Fantasy
404 pages, hardcover
Expected Publication: September 25, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.
Waiting on is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, I have been waiting for this book since its conception! I love Alie in Wonderland and I love zombies, so the combination is AWESOME! And the cover in simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing more about this book and reminding me that it is due out very, very soon!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squeals* this book is fanfreaking awesome!!! I Cannot wait for you to read it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gena has her other YA series, Intertwined, though I haven't read it yet either. I am WICKED excited for this book incorporates two of my favs in fiction: Alice in Wonderland and Zombies. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MARY!!! I MUST READ THIS BOOK!!!! I love me some Gena Showalter, and I've been seeing fabulous early reviews of this one so I can't wait! Love the border on the cover too so pretty and creepy at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds freaking FUN (plus the cover is AWESOME), and although I haven't read her adult novels I've definitely heard great things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick!!
    I think I read some of Gena's books before - did she write something about Atlantis? - but I don't really remember.

    This sounds good and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited about this book. Plus the cover is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I snagged one of these at BEA, and I'm not particularly a zombie fan, but people seem to love Gena Showalter so much, that I'm thinking I need to get over myself. Plus, I loooooove a bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So....I've never read a zombie book but the cover caught my attention. I think this may be just the book to try the zombie plot line on. :)

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh Mary this one is so awesome!! It is well worth the wait and Cole is sooo yummy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Me tooooooooo!!! I'm totally impatiently reading this one! I think I need to pre-order it so I can read it the moment I get it in the mail.

    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete