Monday, August 27, 2012

Pushing the Limits Read-A-Long: Week 5 (The End!)

This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Natalia @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and Bewitched Bookworms.
Please check the intro post about the “Rules” and the Grand Prize.
Get a copy: Amazon | B&N | Indiebound |Book Depository
Find Katie McGarry:  website | Facebook | Twitter
And… for those who would rather win a copy and join the discussion later, we have a finished copy for you to win.

Schedule:


DON'T FORGET: Join @KatieMcGarry for a chat on 

Tuesday August 28th at 9 PM EST. Use #PTLChat 


1. By finally returning to her art, Echo is working through her issues and taking control of her life. While she’s not ever going to return to her previous “normal”, she uses her art as a way to work her way to a place where she’s more comfortable with herself. How do you deal with the issues and stresses of your life?

I have a bunch of different ways to deal with my stress (and teaching high school can truly be stressful! Especially when it's your first year and you're in charge of running both the yearbook and newspaper--eep!). First off, there's nothing wrong with a frosty adult beverage (as long as you're of age). Second, hanging with my two dogs is a serious stress reliever. Third, relaxing with a good book *always* brings down the stress level. 

2. Once Noah gives his brothers and their soon-to-be adoptive parents a happy ending, he decides to get his own by winning Echo back. Why does he think stealing her file is the best way to do it? Any other (better) suggestions for the poor boy?

Oh, Noah. I think he has the best of intentions here and wants to provide her with some closure but...not the best plan. Really, if he'd just talked to her, I think she would have flung her arms around him and taken him back immediately. Oh, and roses. Roses and chocolate--that's always good.

3. Echo finally uncovers the terrible truth of what her mother did to her. Now that we know the truth, do you think Echo’s father did the right thing by covering up the incident and keeping it from her? How do you think he should have handled it?

Echo's father once again tried to do what was best and, in my opinion, kind of screwed the pooch. Yes, he wants to protect his daughter from the horrible incident but, since Echo doesn't know about her mother's issues and what she did that night, Echo doesn't know to be wary of her mother. The therapy was a good thought but Echo's dad should have used to as a safe place to tell Echo what happened. Maybe he thought it would shatter Echo's mind to know and he just couldn't risk it. 

4. Mrs. Collins plays an integral role in helping Echo and Noah find a new normal and happiness in their lives. Tell us about someone in your life who helped you, someone who changed your life, was there for you, or offered help/comfort when you most needed it (or when you didn’t know you needed it).

I've been seriously blessed to have many people of this caliber in my life--both past and present (and, hopefully, in the future!). I was at a turning point in my life about twelve years back--I hated my job (a career path I thought I'd love) and I was pretty miserable. My best friend encouraged me to try something different, saying there was nothing wrong with starting fresh. She inspired me to get my teaching certificate and forge a new career path.

5. Another major truth is revealed when Echo’s father finally opens up to his daughter and tells her about her mother and how his relationship with Ashley evolved. Knowing this, how do you feel about Ashley now? And what did you think when you learned the name of the baby?

I can see how Echo's father fell for Ashley. In her simple, air-headed way, she was there for him when he most needed a shoulder (et cetera...) to lean on. She's still a complete dingbat and it's still shady that she was the babysitter but I don't dislike her quite so much. The baby's name...eh. Not sure about that. It's a sweet gesture but, because there were still such hard feelings all the way up until Echo actually saw the kid, I don't think it was the right time (yet).

6. Echo and Noah ride off into the sunset together. *happy sigh* If you had the chance, who would you ride off with and where would you go?

I'm going to let my geek flag fly and say, if the Doctor (#10, of course) happened to stop by in his Tardis and asked me to roam around the universe with him, I'd leap into that phone box so fast his head would spin. We'd go everywhere (running, of course. With lots of dramatic music.) and everytime.



5 comments:

  1. Chocolate is always good, I completely agree. I'll forgive a myriad of offenses if the hubs brings me a box of Godiva chocolates ;-) I find my dogs are huge stress relievers for me too Mary, they're just so ridiculous at times that I can't not laugh at them, and they so easily bring me out of a funk:) Looking for the PTL chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have pretty similar answers this week =)

    So sad that this is the end. More read-a-longs are definitely in my future!

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think that her dad should have told her even just a little. Like that he felt partially responsible or something. Just gave her SOMETHING rather then pushing it under the rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, people can't cope well enough if they are left in the dark and it can prove to be more damaging in the end than if they had come out and explained what happened.

    ReplyDelete