This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Natalia @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and Bewitched Bookworms.
Please check the intro post about the “Rules” and the Grand Prize.
And… for those who would rather win a copy and join the discussion later, we have a finished copy for you to win.
- July 24 - Intro Post for the Read-A-Long - Go HERE if you haven't signed up.
- July 31 - Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 7th - The Page Turners Pages 85 - 162 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 14th - Candace Book Blog Pages 163 - 239 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 21th - Dazzling Reads Pages 240 - 316 - ends with a Echo chapter
- Aug 28th - The Book Swarm Pages 317 - 392
Special Event August 28th – Live Twitter Chat with Author Katie McGarry!
1. In the beginning of this section Noah decides to ignore Echo because he's angry and hurt. What did you think of this? Have you ever experienced a friendship that went awry and they started ignoring you?
Holy cow, that's the worst feeling in the world. Senior year of college, my roommate decided I offended her in some way (she never told me how or explained any of it), started acting wonky, talking behind my back and running me down in our circle of friends. Luckily, my other friends didn't pay much attention to what she said but it made for a very uncomfortable last year. Which really sucked. So, while I kind of understood why Noah did it, I needed for him to get over it quickly and forgive Echo.
2. Noah has a bit of a false reputation. Everyone thinks he's a big druggie and a guy that just randomly hooks up with girls. While some of it is true to a certain extent, we see it's not really him. Have you ever had a false reputation where people draw their own conclusions? Do you think Noah should do something to make people not think that about him?
I think Noah actually perpetuates this rep, acting how he does. And I can't really blame him, considering how the foster care system failed him. But he needs to lose that chip on his shoulder and grow up, too.
3. Ashley finds out she's having a boy and informs Echo she will have a brother 'again'. Echo took this very personally and was extremely upset. Do you think Echo overreacted? Do you think Ashley meant that the new brother would replace her brother?
I think Ashley's just a bubble-headed dingbat and didn't mean that the baby would be a replacement. Ashley's a pain in the butt and if I were in Echo's place I'd hate the chick so I don't really blame Echo for overreacting (plus, she's a teenager. Overreaction is her middle name.)
4. Echo doesn't remember what happened with her mother and for this reason she has troubles seeing her the way everyone else does. She can't seem to not miss her and still wants to talk to her. Do you think she should pursue finding her mom? Do you think it will help her or do you think she would be in danger?
Well, no one else is telling her what happened, even though it seems they know, so it's up to her to find out, if she ever wants to get back her memories. Even though it's traumatic and obviously a terrible event, considering she blanked it out, I think she needs to figure out what happened, even if there is danger. If she doesn't, it'll gnaw at her and she won't be able to move on.
5. Noah doesn't trust the people who have his brothers because of his own past situations. He decides to seek out a lawyer himself and try to get custody. Do you think this is his best move? Do you think there are some other options he should consider?
I think it's a terrible move but he wants his family back together and feels it's his only choice. It would ruin his chances at a "normal" life, at a good future, but I also think it's honorable and very typically Noah that he puts his brothers and family above his own needs. What he really needs to do is stop judging everyone by his horrible past experiences and try to talk to the foster parents.
6. Echo finds out that Noah and his parents built houses for Habitat for Humanity. Have you ever volunteered for something like that? What is a cause that you feel strongly about?
I love that! Actually, I volunteered for Habitat in college and just a couple of years ago. It's so cool working with the people who will actually live in the house you're helping to build. I'm not usually so hands-on though, preferring to donate to groups like the WWF, North Shore Animal League, and other animal-related charities.
Visit CANDACE'S BOOK BLOG and DAZZLING READS for Week 4 Questions!