Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting On...THE CROWN OF EMBERS by Rae Carson

Did y'all read THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS? It was one of my very favorite books of 2011--fantastic and creative and I wanted MORE! Well, lucky for me (and all Fire and Thorns fans), it's just about time for the second book in this series. The cover's a little busy for me but I like how it follows the design of the first novel, with the jewel prominently displayed.

Oh, and Rae Carson is doing a guest post on The Book Swarm August 21st as part of Authors Are My Rockstar tour! Super-excited about this! Plus, there will be a giveaway--woot!

YA Fantasy
410 pages, hardcover
Expected publication: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Greenwillow Books

In the sequel to the acclaimed The Girl of Fire and Thorns, a seventeen-year-old princess turned war queen faces sorcery, adventure, untold power, and romance as she fulfills her epic destiny.

Elisa is the hero of her country. She led her people to victory against a terrifying enemy, and now she is their queen. But she is only seventeen years old. Her rivals may have simply retreated, choosing stealth over battle. And no one within her court trusts her-except Hector, the commander of the royal guard, and her companions. As the country begins to crumble beneath her and her enemies emerge from the shadows, Elisa will take another journey. With a one-eyed warrior, a loyal friend, an enemy defector, and the man she is falling in love with, Elisa crosses the ocean in search of the perilous, uncharted, and mythical source of the Godstone's power. That is not all she finds. A breathtaking, romantic, and dangerous second volume in the Fire and Thorns trilogy.

12 comments:

  1. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first book so of course I am looking forward to see what happens in the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh - sadly the first one wasn't for me... It was one of the few books I actually did not finish *cringe* Glad to see you liked it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way excited for this. I really liked the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hangs head*
    haven't read the first book yet.
    I don't think it's for me.

    But YAY for you, since you did enjoy the first book. I hope this one turns out great too

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I can't wait for this either Mary! Despite the slow start, I ended up loving Girl of Fire and Thorns, and I'm super excited to see how things progress for Elisa in this book. I'm really hoping the man she's falling in love with is Hector... *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i didn't know there was a sequel already! btw i love your header :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This author is going to be at the Austin Teen Book Fest, which I attend every year! I hope to get at least book one read before I go. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this book too!! Great pick!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2236

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got this one yesterday! I LOVED the first and can't wait to start reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude dude dude! We got our hands on the ARC and HOLY SMOLY IT'S SO GOOD!!!! Even better than GOFAT. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I'm excited!! I feel like I'll need to re-read the first one before this comes out, but it's definitely on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS the first time I read it and absolutely loved it when I reread a month ago, so I'm very excited for THE CROWN OF EMBERS! I can't wait to see what happens next with Elisa,

    Fabulous WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete