Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on...RIVETED by Meljean Brook

So far, I've really enjoyed Meljean Brook's Iron Seas series, a Steampunk romance with awesome alpha males and feisty heroines. While this cover doesn't display the glimpse of glistening, muscled masculine chest I prefer on my romances (of any genre), I kind of like it! The Steampunk elements are firmly visible, you get a look at both the hero and heroine (who looks pretty bad-assed, if you ask me), and the overall coloring is quite appealing. I'd pick it up even if I didn't know who the fabulous Meljean Brook was.

RIVETED (The Iron Seas #3) by Meljean Brook
Steampunk romance
416 pages, paperback
Expected Publication: September 4, 2012
Publisher: Berkley Trade

A century after a devastating volcanic eruption forced Iceland’s inhabitants to abandon its shores, the island has become enshrouded in legend. But the truth behind the legends is mechanical, not magical—and the mystery of the island a matter of life and death for a community of women who once spilled noble blood to secure their freedom.

Five years ago, Annika unwittingly endangered that secret, but her sister K√§lla took the blame and was exiled. Now Annika serves on an airship, searching for her sister and longing to return home. But that home is threatened when scientific expedition leader David Kentewess comes aboard, looking to expose Annika’s secrets. Then disaster strikes, leaving David and Annika stranded on a glacier and pursued by a madman, with their very survival depending on keeping the heat rising between them—and generating lots of steam.

Waiting on is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

8 comments:

  1. Steampunk hu? I really need to get a book book in this genre in my hands... asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover! I wish I could dress like that EVERY DAY! Well I might pass up the corset LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! Love this series so much Mary! I'm behind in it. Like I am in apparently every awesome series. I suck. Bring on steampunk and the alpha heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series. It's so smart and sexy. In fact, sometimes it's too smart for me so it takes me several attempts to get through the book, but I love the world-building. It's so interesting. And I appreciate how Brooks makes each book a stand alone. Can't wait for this one. Glad it's almost time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sound fun, but I have to admit that I've never understood why they always put googles on people to make them look steampunk (I was just struck by the thought).

    Still the book looks great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read very much steampunk, but this series is on my TBR list. I hope I get to read them soon.

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/#!/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-30-dark-light.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cover! I have the first two books and started the first one but got distracted by review books. I really need to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how well it conveys the steampunk aspects! Looks like an interesting series :)

    Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete