Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on...FRAGMENTS by Dan Wells

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, my fellow Americans!
*lights sparklers* 
*sketches name in air with sparkler*
*cracks frosty adult beverage*
Cheers!

FRAGMENTS by Dan Wells looks SOOO good! I absolutely loved PARTIALS with it's fabulous characters and unique premise and FRAGMENTS looks like it's going to follow that same path. The cover's pretty awesome, too. I like that it matches the cover of the first book, with the main character (or, in this case, characters) looking towards a ruined city. The mostly-destroyed skyscraper, highlighted by a break in the forbidding clouds, really draws my eye. Plus, I like how the title almost looks like it's sinking into the city itself. I do wish the author's name was larger--it's a bit hard to read.

YA Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian
352 pages, hardcover
Expected Publication: February 26, 2013
Publisher: Balzer + Bray

Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is only just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues as to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence—it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that Kira knows she is a part of, a plan that could save both races. Her allies are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what’s left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira’s journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of post-apocalyptic America, and they will both discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn’t even know existed.

Waiting On is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

9 comments:

  1. I finished Partials just yesterday and HOLY Awesome!!! !It was so so goooood! And .. damn it I love Samm - I'm Team Samm and I am happy to hear he has a fairly gib role in Fragments! The cover is awesome, although Kiera looks completely the same.. Meaning, the wind blows her hair in the absolute same direction ...duh! ;)

    Happy 4th July for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I am so excited. Gimme Gimme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second of the Partials, right?
    It sounds like a quick-butt second book :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely (an rather impatiently) waiting for this one! Must. Have. NOW! :)
    Here's my WoW:http://yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES YES YES YES YES! TIMES A MLLION! I recently finished Partials and HOLY CRAP! I adored it. It's everything I love in a book and more. I'm seriously dying to read Fragments and February seems sooo impossibly far away! Can't wait!

    My WOW - Splintered

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't seen this cover before! I was such a huge fan of Partials. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Partials but I think Dan Wells is suppose to be here for a signing soon. If I go I guess I will be picking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished Partials and am now desperately awaiting the second book. When I finished the first book I threw it across the room because I wanted to know more.

    ReplyDelete