Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on...TRAPPED by Kevin Hearne

Y'all. If you haven't started the Iron Druid series and you're an urban fantasy fan--what are you waiting for? Amazing characters, witty dialogue, an awesome talking dog (Oberon, you poodle-loving rascal! *sends sausage your way*), and an absolutely adorable Druid named Atticus. I do so love this series and, in a very creepy stalker way, want to keep the author chained in my basement, feeding him fish and chips and good beer to up his productivity levels (not that I even have a basement...) so I'll have more books more often.  And I'll probably share.

This cover seems a bit busier than the others, though it's in the same vein. I get the addition of Granuaile to the cover, since she's about to become a Druid, but I'd prefer the focus stay on Atticus (he is the hottie, after all).
Urban Fantasy
320 pages, paperback
Expected Publication: November 27, 2012
Publisher: Random House

After twelve years of secret training, Atticus O’Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice, Granuaile, to the earth and double the number of Druids in the world. But on the eve of the ritual, the world that thought he was dead abruptly discovers that he’s still alive, and they would much rather he return to the grave.

Having no other choice, Atticus, his trusted Irish wolfhound, Oberon, and Granuaile travel to the base of Mount Olympus, where the Roman god Bacchus is anxious to take his sworn revenge—but he’ll have to get in line behind an ancient vampire, a band of dark elves, and an old god of mischief, who all seem to have KILL THE DRUID at the top of their to-do lists.

So, what are you waiting on?
WoW is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

19 comments:

  1. The talking dog is definitely a plus for me although I'm not a big UF reader. I'll have to research this series and see if I can fit it in my reading schedule.

    -Bookworm1858

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always the question, isn't it--will I have the time? I hope you do!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary Thanks for sharing, it sounds like a series I would really enjoy :D Just added it to my TBR pile thanks to ur WoW.
    **New Follower**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just going to say it: this cover makes me forgive him for the last one. That one was JUST Horrid!

    I am so looking forward to this one! He talked about it a bit at the book signing and it just made me giddy :) Of course, the fact that he said he hopes there are 9 in the series made me even giddier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the previous one. NINE in the series? That's awesome but I want MORE!!! Greedy? Yes.

      Delete
  4. Okay, Danny just challenged me to get my butt in gear and actually read this series and I've accepted, so I can't wait to be in the Atticus and Oberon loop! HERE I COME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh happy day!!! You will love Atticus.

      Delete
    2. YES! I challenged this chick! Because there is no freaking way that you still haven't read it!! Must.Read.Now!

      Delete
    3. Woot! SHE HAS TO READ IT AND LOVE IT!! Then she can join us in forcing Kevin Hearne to write and write and write. Heh.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the series yet but I do at least have the first three books *hanging head in shame*...lol....

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that's a start. NOW PICK 'EM UP AND READ 'EM! Trust me. :)

      Delete
  6. I love this series. I think this latest cover is super hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a basement Mary, so we can take mine - plus I'm closer to Ireland maybe the proximity helps his creative genius to write faster! And.. I invite you over so that we can feed him together.

    Ok... this sounds a little creepy lool!

    I love this cover - I know Atticus alone would be suffice but, I dare to hope for a little romance now that Gran is on the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you are closer, aren't you? Plus, I'd have an excuse to hang out with you overseas. Yay--a fellow creeper with a basement!! LOL.

      I'd like a little romance between Gran & Atticus. He's been holding off but once she's a Druid...oh, yeah.

      Delete
  8. Your opening paragraph is hysterical =) Still smiling here. I've never heard of this series before but it sounds like its got a little bit of something for everyone; vampires, elves, gods, druids, talking animals. Thanks for a great WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow, I find this cover very hot and i so want to read this book 'cause it sounds pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete