Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting On...THE LIES THAT BIND by Lisa and Laura Roecker

I really liked THE LIAR SOCIETY--a cute and well-written mystery with a great main character--and hope the second one in this series is as good (if not better!) than the first. While I'm not a huge fan of this cover, I do like that it's similar to the first book in the series. A bit too much color (the blue hair, darker blue hat, maroon sweater, bright green "file", and plaid...oh, my!) and a bit too busy for my taste. Still, that bright green does make the title pop.

YA Mystery
320 pages, paperback
EXPECTED PUBLICATION: December 12, 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire

Kate Lowry thought she’d retired her pearls for good. But that was before Taylor Wright fails to show up for school Monday after the biggest party of the year.

Kate realizes soon enough that the party and Taylor's disappearance are connected--only not in the way everyone thinks. And as if it’s not hard enough to find a missing girl, Kate is forced to team up with the one person she has worked so hard to avoid--not to mention the one person with the potential to come between her and Liam.

As usual, Kate has her hands full searching for the truth amidst many layers of lies.

After all, things are never what they seem at Pemberly Brown.

Available for pre-order on Amazon | IndieBound
Waiting On is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

6 comments:

  1. I have a copy of Liar Society that I still need to read. The Lies That Bind looks really good. I need to get started on Liar Society now :)

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love that cover :) Did sisters write it? That is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds really interesting. I haven't read the first one yet but I really want to.

    Daniela@ Ya Book Season
    My WoW: http://yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!! Sounds good!!
    I've been meaning to read the Liar's Society forever and now I'm even more excited given this.

    Great pick for WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked The Liar Society and I can't wait for this one to come out. The cover is a little bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Liar Society so I cant wait for this one! I like the cover a lot! Especially the blue!

    ReplyDelete