Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting on...POISON PRINCESS by Kresley Cole

You'd think that, after my book bacchanal at BEA, my TBR shelves would be filled for a while. But, being a true bibliophile, I'm never satisfied and ALWAYS want MORE!! This ARC was passed out on Thursday but *sniffle* I had to go home and totally missed it. *sobs* I'm a huge fan of Kresley Cole's adult novels and am happy to see her turning her talents to a fabulous-sounding YA novel.

The cover's intriguing, just because of the color scheme (is brown the new black? This is the second brown cover I've seen on "hot" new books recently), but it doesn't really pop off the page. Maybe if the guy didn't have an annoying shirt on...oh, wait. That would be Cole's adult novels. Oops. I do like the font with the vines and swirls for the title, however.

YA Post-apocalyptic Paranormal
384 pages, hardcover
Expected publication: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers 

Sixteen-year-old Evie Greene thought her horrific apocalyptic hallucinations were a sign that she was slowly losing her mind. But when her visions come true, decimating the world around her and killing everyone she loves, Evie is forced to accept that she was seeing the future.

Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she turns to wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate, the gorgeous and dangerous Jackson Deveaux for help. As Jackson and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have got the same call and discover that Evie is not the only one with special powers. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and as the battle between good and evil intensifies, it is not always clear who is on which side…

Waiting on is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

What are you waiting on?

9 comments:

  1. This one does sound great! I think the cover caught my eye because of the font because as I stare at it I kind of wonder why I like it so much. Must be the font. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you still wanting LOL I don't think even a library falling into our lap would keep us from wanting the new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSSSSS!!!! SO excited for this Mary! I'm emailing you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Mary that you didn't get a copy... Seriously, I would send it to you if it wouldn't be so damn expensive ;(( Btw, this was the first book I read from BEA and it was phenomenal!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH!!!! How did I not know that Kresley is writing YA now? I MUST get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you missed this one at BEA. :( I've been 'waiting on' this one as well! Great pick! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is one great WOW
    The cover is gorgeous and the summary sounds really good!
    I love your pick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course we always want more! And yes, this one just has to be on my book shelf someday soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, this book sounds awesome! I'm sorry you weren't able to get a copy before you had to go home. Hopefully you will get to read it soon! I'm definitely adding it to my reading list. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete