Thursday, June 7, 2012

Speed Date with Jasper: THE GIRL IN THE CLOCKWORK COLLAR by Kady Cross

Thursday is Speed Date Night. What's a Book Speed Date? It's a quickie review--about 150 words or so--of any genre book. If you want to join in the speed dating fun, sign up in the Linky below. This speed date is all about "meeting" new books.

YA Steampunk
416 pages, hardcover
Available now (May 2012)
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Review copy provided by publisher via NetGalley

In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.

The second in Kady Cross's YA steampunk series, THE GIRL IN THE CLOCKWORK COLLAR is just as much fun as the first. The gang's all back--yay for Finley and her duke--and this time they're in America, trying to help their friend, Jasper, who's in more trouble than he realizes.

Jasper is the bad boy of the gang, a wanted criminal with a heart of gold. He cooperates with the "friend" who hauled him back to America because he doesn't want Mei, the girl he loves, to be hurt but he also knows this guy can't get his hands on the weapon Jasper stole for and then from him (not nearly as confusing as I'm making it, I swear!).

Mei really annoys me with her "poor little me" act. I really wanted that clockwork collar around her neck to tighten...just a smidge...*squeeze* Other than those minor homicidal tendencies, I really enjoyed this date with Jasper, Finley, and the rest of the gang. Cheers!

Available on Amazon | IndieBound

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you kind of made me want to check out the first book!
    Though Jasper does sound pretty awesome, but Mei ... not so much.

    Great speed date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't been able to get through this one. I just think this series might not be for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book on my shelves but I haven't felt any motivation to read it...! But it seems like the second book is good so maybe I'll give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this book from all over the place.
    Think I should look up this series...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Mei drove me nuts, but it wasn't really a negative for me. I def liked this one more then the first but they were both great!

    ReplyDelete