Monday, June 4, 2012

New York: I am in you

I'm at my very first BEA in New York City this week! SQUEE!
Today is the BEA Bloggers Convention which, besides Jennifer Weiner and Jenny Lawson as the two speakers (cool!), also includes a variety of blog-related sessions and a chance to network with a ton of awesome bloggers.

Tuesday and Wednesday, I'll be running around the convention floor where, hopefully, I'll be visiting with publishers and publicists, authors and fellow bloggers. I put together a very ambitious schedule and know I probably won't make it to half of the things on that list. Still, I have a couple of authors--like Libba Bray, Melissa Marr, Julie Kagawa--that I really want to meet and (fingers crossed!) get their upcoming books. 

We'll see. I don't plan on being one of those crazy, grabby bloggers that everyone talks about. I really just want to have a good time, find some cool books, and generally hang with people who love books as much as I do. (My friends call it Book Geek Paradise. I'm all over that!)

So, this week I won't be commenting like I usually do as I fully expect to face-plant into my pillow each night from book-euphoria-induced exhaustion. Still, I did plan ahead (a little bit, anyway) and schedule posts for this week--enjoy and happy reading!

And if you're at BEA, look me up! :)

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have tons of fun at BEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, hope you've having an awesome time! Can't wait to hear all about it =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at BEA I hope you have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! I cant wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete