Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on...SWEET SHADOWS by Tera Lynn Childs

SWEET SHADOWS is the second in the Medusa Girls series and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's going on with the three girls. I like how different they all are, even though they're triplets. It'll be interesting to see where Childs takes her characters in this next installment. While I love the font and the swirlies behind the title, I'm not a huge fan of the cover. Sadly, it's kind of meh, looking too much like a multitude of young adult covers out there on the shelves today. I do like her red hair and red background, though.
SWEET SHADOWS (Medusa Girls #2) by Tera Lynn Childs
YA Urban Fantasy
328 pages, hardcover
Expected release: September 2, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

Three teenage descendants of Medusa, now united, must claim their heritage to fight the monsters escaped from the abyss.

Gretchen may have known she was a descendant of Medusa long before her sisters--after all, she's spent her life fighting the monsters that escape the abyss--but that doesn't mean it will be easy to teach the other girls the ropes.

Greer has pressing social commitments on her plate and precious little time to train in her newfound powers. But that wretched second sight won't leave her alone, and her fabled heritage seems to be creeping into her fashionable life.

Grace has worries closer to home--like why her brother, Thane, has disappeared. He's hiding something. Could it possibly be related to the secret heritage the triplets share?

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

6 comments:

  1. This series sounds really good, Medusa is always a plus.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSSS! I can't wait for this Mary! I loved Sweet Venom, and it definitely left us hanging so I'm ready to find out what's next! I actually kind of like this cover, I like how in both the girl's hair is doing something a little off - like it's alive. A very subtle Medusa element:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I really can't wait to read this as well! I really enjoyed reading Sweet Venom last year. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Good thing Sept is still months away so I can tackle book one! I'm so behind on life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious to see what Tera does with the characters in the sequel too - the first book was such fun!

    Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete