Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting On...STORMDANCER by Jay Kristoff

*drool*
When I saw this book making its way through the blogosphere, I had an immediate, visceral reaction to it--WANT/DESIRE/BOOKLUST. Oh, yes, my friends. STORMDANCER is most definitely a lust-worthy book. And the cover does it justice, I think. Between the very fierce girl who looks like she's preparing herself and her katana for battle to the splashes of blood-red on a gray tonal background to the title font and the flying griffon, everything about this book screams, "PICK ME UP AND READ ME NOW BECAUSE I AM FREAKIN' AWESOME!"
Cover image of Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff, a young adult fantasy novel published by Thomas Dunne Books in 2012.
YA Fantasy (Steampunk/Dystopian/Awesomeness)
336 pages, hardcover
Expected publication: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books

A DYING LAND
The Shima Imperium is verging on the brink of environmental collapse; decimated by clockwork industrialization and the machine-worshippers of the Lotus Guild. The skies are red as blood, land choked with toxic pollution, wildlife ravaged by mass extinctions.

AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST
The hunters of the imperial court are charged by their Shōgun to capture a thunder tiger—a legendary beast, half-eagle, half-tiger. But any fool knows thunder tigers have been extinct for more than a century, and the price of failing the Shōgun is death.

A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL
Yukiko is a child of the Fox clan, possessed of a hidden gift that would see her executed by the Lotus Guild. Accompanying her father on the Shōgun’s hunt, she finds herself stranded: a young woman alone in Shima’s last wilderness, with only a furious, crippled thunder tiger for company. Even though she can hear his thoughts, even though she saved his life, all she knows for certain is he’d rather see her dead than help her.

But together, the pair will form an indomitable friendship, and rise to challenge the might of an empire.

Pre-Order on Amazon | IndieBound

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

16 comments:

  1. Yes, yes and yes!

    I love the sound of it :D Imperial court, adventure and a fierce female character who can stand up for herself? Can't wait!

    Awesome choice!

    Here's my WoW! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I'm going to join in on the booklust. Adding to the "to read" list now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this book! I first saw it with the UK cover, which I really liked, but the US version has blown me away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this now! The synopsis is really great and the US cover is awesome. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, definitely want to read this one too! Love the cover and the summary-sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you've created your own genre Mary - "awesomeness". I think this book definitely looks like it's going to fit in that genre perfectly, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Consider me solidly in booklust as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! this book sounds plenty different and unique!
    I'm going to put it on my wish list!
    thanks for sharing your pick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so hope the story lives up to such an amazing cover!! That cover is just beyond epic.

    Fabulous WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just recently started to see this one around and am planning on reading this one too. Great pick. My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this book sound like fun ... thanks for sharing ... Great Pick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not much of a Fantasy reader, but I love the sound of this one! Plus, the cover is magic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very excited for this one as well! Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is totally not my type of book but that cover is WICKED amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am way excited for this book. I love the cover and it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heck to the yeah! We are totally stoked for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of this before, but it definitely does sound interesting! I must add it to my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete