Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on: RIVETED by Meljean Brook

Ooh, I do love me some Meljean Brook and her newest series, The Iron Seas, is so very lovely (if you haven't already, check out THE IRON DUKE--yum!). I'm not quite sure what to think of the cover--it's a departure from the other two, which featured just the guys--but I do like the steampunk clothes and design. It's not eye-popping but it's fun because of the clothes.

Steampunk Romance
Releases September 4, 2012
Publisher: Berkley Trade

A century after a devastating volcanic eruption forced Iceland’s inhabitants to abandon its shores, the island has become enshrouded in legend. But the truth behind the legends is mechanical, not magical—and the mystery of the island a matter of life and death for a community of women who once spilled noble blood to secure their freedom.

Five years ago, Annika unwittingly endangered that secret, but her sister K√§lla took the blame and was exiled. Now Annika serves on an airship, searching for her sister and longing to return home. But that home is threatened when scientific expedition leader David Kentewess comes aboard, looking to expose Annika’s secrets. Then disaster strikes, leaving David and Annika stranded on a glacier and pursued by a madman, with their very survival depending on keeping the heat rising between them—and generating lots of steam.
Waiting on is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that cover!! Haven't heard of this one before though... great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the one genre I haven't jumped into.
    Maybe 'cause I love it in Anime but I just don't know how it' will work out when I'm reading.

    That being said, this cover is rocking :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Steampunk covers :)

    I know a lot of people are waiting on this one. Can't wait till you all get your greedy little hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, please! I love the Iron Sea series! Can't wait for more.

      Delete
  4. Oooooo I still need to read book 2 but I ADORED The Iron Duke, it was a favorite read of mine last year (year before? I've lost track). At least I have time to get caught up before September:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't barely look at the cover because I start drooling over how much I want Riveted. I LOVE this series - I've done the audio versions, and I thought the narrator was terrific, so I may do it that way again. Oh, and I, um, bought the print versions of Iron Duke & Heart of Steel too. I may have an Iron Seas addiction. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover! I still haven't finished the first book, got distracted with review books. I should be able to get to it soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dying for Riveted to release!! I want it NOW! I'm not too happy with the new covers though. They're nice looking but now Riveted won't match my copies of The Iron Duke and Heart of Steel :(

    ReplyDelete