Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting On...THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray

Ooh, it's Wednesday and I'm really excited about this upcoming release. Libba Bray is known for her pretty off-kilter stories (beauty queens crash landing on a deserted island, a boy with mad cow disease, that kind of stuff) and her upcoming release promises to be another trippy ride that I want to be on! 

The cover's a little boring and, really, if I didn't already love Libba, I don't think I'd be tempted to pick it up off the shelf. Maybe it'll get a re-design before the actual release. I'm not looking for a girl in a fancy dress, just something a bit more eye-catching.
Book Cover of The Diviners by Libba Bray, New York Times Bestselling Author
YA Historical (Paranormal, too? Maybe. I can't really tell.)
608 pages, hardcover (holy crap, that's a HUGE YA book!)
Expected publication: September 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult--also known as "The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies."

When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer--if he doesn't catch her first.

What do you think?
Hey, what are you waiting on? I need some new books to add to my list!
Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

8 comments:

  1. LOL---

    608 pages are you going to us it as a weapon too? That being said I love when you get to look forward to books like that! For me, that is the second in the Discovery of Witches series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this sounds pretty neat! HUGE book though wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love historical books and this one sounds awesome and wow 608 pages is a lot. Can't wait to read it though. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!! This one is new to me and 100% going on my list, I can't wait! I haven't read anything by Libba Bray yet which is shocking, so I'm ready to remedy that with this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by Libba Bray but! I'm absolutelyloving the sound of this one! Oh, it just sounds so good!! Thanks so much for posting this, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I love reading Libba Bray's books" they are all so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO excited for this one as well! Awesome pick, Mary :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Libba Bray fan as well. Have you read the Gemma Doyle trilogy? I remember loving it in high school. I'd love to do a reread sometime in the near future, but I'm always short on time! Lol.

    ReplyDelete