Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on...AMPLIFIED by Tara Kelly

Expected publication: October 25th 2011 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
YA Contemporary
272 pages

I do adore a good music-based story and AMPLIFIED sounds like it hits the right note (sorry--couldn't resist). Plus, I absolutely loved Tara Kelly's first book, HARMONIC FEEDBACK, which was a beautifully written story with intriguing characters.

When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it... 

Waiting On is a meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

10 comments:

  1. Oh nice!!
    I wish the summary would give a clearer picture but I guess that would be part of the "mystery".

    Check out my Wow @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one does sound super cute, and I so want to read it - I think I had seen it around once before but I'm not sure.

    'nway, thanks for reminding me, :) Love your pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pick! I haven't really heard much about this one but it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for this one!! =) It sounds so amazing and I have heard great things about it!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this sounds like a sweet read. I like the cover too. Great WoW.

    My WoW

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds so good! I don't read too much contemporary YA (I have no idea why, I always enjoy them), but I think this might be a must read. Fantastic choice Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been so long since I've read a book with a musical plot...Fabulous choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just added this to my list! It sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've totally never heard of this one! I'm so adding it to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

    ReplyDelete