Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Reading...So Far

Usually, over the summer, I float in the lake, read, watch TV, hang out with family and friends, and write. While it hasn't been the best summer for some of that (uhg. My writing is suffering. I think I must be going for the whole tortured artist vibe.), I've made some awesome headway into my very large To-Be-Read pile. There's something so satisfying in going to GoodReads and marking a book "read". 

With two weeks of freedom before I have to go back to school (sadness!!), so far this summer (June and July) I've read:
1. The Neon Graveyard by Vicki Pettersson
2. The Strange Case of Finley Jane (novella) by Kady Cross
3. Bloodring (Rogue Mage #1) by Faith Hunter
4. Blood Magic (Blood Journals #1) by Tessa Gratton
5. Dead on Delivery by Eileen Rendhal
6. Queen of the Dead (Ghost and the Goth #2) by Stacey Kade
7. Possession by Elana Johnson
8. Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
9. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
10. Conspiracies by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill
11. Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
12. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
13. Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles #3) by Kevin Hearne
14. Grave Dance by Kalayna Price
15. Solid by Shelley Workinger
16. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
17. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
18. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
19. Nightfall by Ellen Connor
20. Trial By Fire (Raised By Wolves #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
21. Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby
22. Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) by Holly Black
23. Heartless (Parasol Protectorate #4) by Gail Carriger
24. Overbite (Insatiable #2) by Meg Cabot
25. Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey #3.5) (novella) by Julie Kagawa
26. Wrapped by Jennifer Bradley
27. Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham
28. The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa
29. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
30. Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
31. No One To Trust by Julie Moffet
32. Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews
33. Love Struck (novella) by Melissa Marr
34. Making Waves by Tawna Fenske


I think, out of all of those, my top five were: 
1) Making Waves by Tawna Fenske -- a super-funny romance with pirates
2. Trial By Fire (Raised By Wolves #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes -- a young adult paranormal with werewolves
3) Blood Red Road by Moira Young -- a post-apocalyptic with a kick-ass heroine
4) Where She Went by Gayle Forman -- a young adult romance with a tortured rock star
4) Grave Dance by Kalayna Price -- an urban fantasy with romance and a kick-ass heroine (I do like a good kick-ass hero/heroine)


So, any favorite books that you've read this summer?

7 comments:

  1. Whoa, you're doing great! I never even set reading goals--I'm tto scared of not meeting them. *slave to the TBR* :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I read a lot of books - you have me beat, hands down! I have read a few on your list, and have many in my ever growing TBR. Enjoy the rest of your summer reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I wish I had so much time to read! This is the first summer I couldn't dedicate to reading and I was pretty bummed out. A lot of the books you managed to read are still on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! you just made me feel like a slacker because I haven't been able to read much lately, haven't found myself in the mood.
    I'll definitely be checking out Making Waves, since it seems like a fun summery read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've read so much! Wow! Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also adored 'Blood Red Road' and 'Where She Went'.

    'Shift' and 'Hourglass' were pretty great as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great bunch of books you have read!!!

    ReplyDelete